So if you haven’t noticed, in England it rains a lot. I find it really hard to feel happy when the weather is awful and this is something that I really struggle with. I’m constantly trying to be proactive and not think about what’s going on outside, however sometimes you just can’t avoid it. I feel empty, extremely down, hungry all the time or eat less than I should. If anyone who’s reading this feels the same, here’s what I do to try and avoid the rainy blues. However just to mention, if you are feeling symptoms that may be related to depression or any other illness then please seek your GP. Always better to seek help. Nothing is tooo small and always serious enough.
- Plan your day and be busy. Don’t let yourself focus on the weather.
- Fitness. Going outside may not be the best option but going to the gym can really take your mind off things. The feeling after a good work out always really helps.
- Tryyy to get out of bed. It’s so hard when it’s so horrible outside but plan your day accordingly so you have to get out of bed. Sleeping for longer than needed will mean falling into a viscous cycle that is so hard to get out of.
- See friends and family. Even if you really don’t feel like being sociable, interacting with people is such an amazing way to get your head in a better place. Also talk how you’re feeling and get support. The chances are, you’re probably not the only person who feels the way you do.
- Book something that you will look forward to!! It could be a holiday or going out with friends.
- Reassure yourself that the weather will get better. This is not forever.
- If feeling low does persist then it’s maybe time to take a trip to the doctors to explain how you’re feeling.
I hope this helps!